Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Rosie!

Appropriately wearing her birthday suit on a very HOT and sticky September day!

Sweet, lovable, easy going, compassionate Rose turned 2! Oh my, she amazes us with her utter sweetness. When one of us says "ouch" no matter how big or small she asks, "You ok?" And if we explain what hurts she'll quietly get us a bandaid.  When you talk to her in a kind way she'll usually share whatever it is that you want. If you snatch it, watch out it will take her a few minutes to think about sharing it but she eventually will. She is very protective, though, of 'her' swing, and 'her' bike, and 'her' carseat, so don't mess with those, but everything else is fair game. She's a jokester this one..for the last week whenever we asked her how old she would be she'd say, holding her hand up, "Figh (5)......no two." She greets people with such enthusiasm. She gives the best darn hugs, full body wrap with gentle pats. She is so confident and secure. She says goodbye to me with such ease, it's unfamiliar but reassuring, a new experience for me.  I feel like my two year old is here to take care of me and remind me that everything will be ok. Just give love.

Favorite Rosie sayings and words:

I got it.
I go sweeming
Whara my Ellott?
Whara my Addee?
Abbie ru (run)
I no like dat.
I no wan dat.
Bye bye mommee.



I'm two!
Holding a funky carrot from the garden!






CAKE!!!


 So, so proud to be this sweet ones mama. I am learning so much. 

3 comments:

  1. What awesome pictures - she seems like a total character. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, reading this waaay late, but she and Lilah sound so alike! Good "catching up" with the Reynolds-Tallant Clan! Hugs to All from the Novak-Messick Clan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could use a big hug from a little person. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete