for some summer adventures in the north woods! Jason came up a bit before us this year to start off the semester and we lingered at home visiting with family in town taking our time to head out, which felt nice. We soaked in our visit with my sis and niece by going to a local water park and lounging around together. Then I managed to stuff full our van and head north despite a cold slowing me down. We arrived mid-week with such a relief to be here! I was hoping my cold would just melt away but alas I was wrong! Saving grace is to be blowing one's nose in such a beautiful place! Though all the healthy people around us probably didn't feel the same way :) Now poor Jason has succumb! Hopefully we'll get this summer cold madness out of the way soon. The kids had no trouble settling back in, new friends to play with, square dances to dance in, water trampolines to bounce on.... And me, well now that my voice has returned (I lost it for two days, makes for interesting parenting challenges), I am excited to connect with the grown ups around me! So far so good!
Hooray for summer!! and a big "boo" to those horrible summer colds! we always get them too and they are awful! Glad you made it up north! we are going to crash that summer party you have at the bio station one of these years . . .
ReplyDelete